We can meet with you over the phone or in person for a 1-hour consultation session to see what ways we can work together. If you live within 35 miles of Rockwall, Texas, your first hour of in person consultation is free. After we meet, we will present you with a written proposal detailing your goals as we understand them and our plan to help you reach your goals. Our mission is to make you successful with your soil and permaculture goals.
Assessment of Soil, Compost, Aerated Compost Tea & Compost Extract Biology
We do microscope assessments of biology to determine the Fungal to Bacteria (F:B) ratio in your material, fungal & bacteria mass, protozoa & nematode counts. Our report also includes photos and assessment of the quality of the material. We charge $100 per sample.
You can submit a check with your payment or prepay on-line. Click here to pre-pay for testing.
Soil Food Web (SFW) Consulting
Barking Cat Farm offers SFW services to help you understand the current state of your soil in terms of the types and diversity of micro-organisms, the relative amounts of organic matter, and the overall health of your soil. Please contact us for pricing for soil testing. We offer the following services:
- Taking soil samples for both biological and chemical analysis or giving you instructions on sampling
- Interpreting the results of a chemical soil analysis, we use Logan Labs.
- Evaluating your soil under the microscope with either with a full analysis that includes F:B ratio, bacteria & fungal mass, counts of nematodes & protozoa or a general evaluation
- Designing & producing custom composts and compost teas to match your needs
- Brew and apply custom compost teas or extracts
Small Farm and Gardening Consulting
We can help you work smarter and obtain better results on your small farm or in your garden by
- Evaluating your current site
- Developing a crop rotation plan
- Coaching you on equipment purchases
- Advising you on new enterprises
Permaculture Design Consulting (PDC)
Barking Cat Farm can help with your permaculture needs in a number of ways by
- Designing your whole farm or homestead permaculture system
- Implementing the permaculture design
- Connecting you to other sources to implement some or all of the permaculture design
- Performing ongoing observation and adjustment of the permaculture system implementation.