- 2 large bunches of arugula, coarse stems discarded and the leaves washed well and spun dry
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms, lightly sauteed in a bit of oil or butter and cooled
- 1 cup grated watermelon radish (or daikon if watermelon radishes are unavailable)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh lemon juice from one large or two small lemons
- Parmesan curls made with a vegetable peeler
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the arugula, mushrooms, and the radish, drizzle the oil over the salad, and toss the salad gently. Toss with the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste, and serve it topped with the Parmesan.