- 4 artichokes
- cup combination olive oil/peanut oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce grated ginger to taste
- grated garlic to taste
- juice of one lemon
- After trimming the artichokes, steam them in salted water with the juice of one lemon for 20 minutes (until a knife can be inserted in bottom).
- Cut artichokes in half and remove the choke. Marinate them for 3-4 hours.
- Grill over medium heat for about 10 minutes, 5 minutes per side until charred.
- While artichokes are grilling cut a lemon in half and grill cut side down for 10 minutes.
- Serve with roasted garlic/roasted lemon mayo.